Family Education Program
Studies have shown that recovery rates are significantly higher when friends
and family take part in the treatment process.
Our Family Education Program was designed to educate you on the core concepts
of addiction, and to arm you with the tools necessary to begin to heal.
We’ve developed comprehensive programming specific to the needs
of each family and individual. You’ll be given the resources to
effectively address problems and questions about addiction, family dynamics,
feelings, relationships, boundaries and communication.
- Defining Codependency and understanding the impact it has on both family
members and the patient
- The Disease Model of Addiction – from its devastating physical and
emotional impact, to the progressive, chronic nature of the illness
- The Family Disease – with insight into family dynamics, boundaries,
roles and expectations
- Understanding the Early Stages of Recovery
- Communication skills, appropriate boundaries and limitations
- Education and resources on support systems and fellowships for family members
- Information on communicating with loved ones while in treatment
- An overview of Retreat’s Clinical Programming
Our program is four hours in length and available on three separate days
of the week.
Please contact your family member’s primary therapist to schedule
a time to attend the FEP.
Retreat also offers a family support group which is held on Thursday evenings
at our outpatient building from 7:30 to 8:30 PM (no registration required).